Cost and Financing
Cost of Living
To live and study in Germany you need at least 680,- euros a month. This sum includes the estimated cost of accommodation, food, transportation, leisure, study materials, and health insurance.
Baden-Württemberg Universities will introduce tuition fees of 1.500,- Euro per semester for international students for all study programs from Wintersemester 2017/2018 on.
The Student Social Services Fee and together with the the Administration Fee per semester is due to the university about 150,- euros.
Admission to a university or Studienkolleg is only granted if proof of proper health insurance can be provided. The cost is currently about 70,- euros a month.
Scholarships and Financial Support
No scholarships are offered by universities in Baden-Württemberg.
Scholarships for studying in Germany are offered by the DAAD. For more details and application forms go to:
Information on scholarships can also be obtained from the German Embassies and Consulates.
In Germany queries can be addressed to the foundations of the political parties, churches, unions, and large corporations.
In accordance with the Federal Law on Financial Support for Study Purposes (BAföG) foreign students are eligible for financial support under the following conditions only:
1. Children of EU-citizens in possession of a residence permit.
2. Special circumstances:
- stateless persons
- persons granted political asylum
- persons having one parent who is a German citizen
- Foreigners having lived and worked in Germany for 5 years prior to commencement of studies.
- Prospective foreign students at least one parent of whom lived and worked in Germany on a regular basis for at least 3 years in the 6 years before commencement of studies.
Please contact your local BaföG Amt to find out if you are eligible for a BaföG scholarship.