The Department of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology is well-established at HTWG Konstanz; it has existed since the founding of the technical university in 1906.
The Department of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology offers technical and industrial engineers a fundamental and practical education that is in constant demand by the electrical, mechanical, automotive and other technical industries. This training can be found in various Bachelor’s and Master’s Programs, with different focal points. The education offered through this program includes, among other things, practical training in modern laboratories, an integrated internship semester, a personal responsibility as tutor, and participation in cross-curricular seminars, such as language courses and general studies. Students receive a comprehensive and modern education that is oriented towards the current job market.
The Department of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology conducts applied research projects in collaboration with industrial partners. These research opportunities include innovative projects dealing with automation and control technology, renewable energy, telecommunications, as well as automotive technology. Such research projects ensure that the teaching and research within the department remain up to date and of the highest quality.
The Electrical Engineering and Information Technology Department offers:
- three accredited bachelor's programs and two accredited master's programs
- teaching staff who take time to address your questions and concerns
- practical, hands-on training and good connections to trade and industry
- a broad-based core curriculum and a wide variety of advanced coursework
- modern, well-equipped labs
- access to the expertise of 20 department professors and 15 support staff
- an active student body for our approximately 600 electrical engineering students
- a campus located directly at the headwaters of the Rhine River on Lake Constance and near downtown Konstanz
How to study with us
International students can complete coursework with the Department of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology by either taking part in an academic exchange or applying for admission to a full degree program at the HTWG Konstanz. In either case, strong German language skills are recommended for both everyday life in Constance and our classes, most of which are conducted in German.
- Exchange programs are supervised by the Akademisches Auslandsamt (International Office) and are usually 1-2 semesters in length.
- Students who wish to complete their entire course of study at the HTWG Konstanz will need to contact the Studienkolleg Konstanz (Center for International Students) before filing a direct application for admission in order to have their German language skills assessed and their school diplomas validated.