Non-European applicants for the following Bachelor programs in English should apply directly to the respective Universities of Applied Sciences and not at the Center for International Students:
Welcome to the Center for International Students of the Universities of Applied Sciences in Baden-Württemberg
If you need to attend the foundation year in the Studienkolleg, you can apply for admission at a University of Applied Sciences after passing the Studienkolleg final exams ("Feststellungsprüfung").
The Studienkolleg - Center for International Students is only responsible for applications to the Universities of Applied Sciences ("Hochschulen für angewandte Wissenschaften" or "Fachhochschulen") in Baden-Württemberg, not for applications to universities ("Universitäten").
Process time of the recognition
currently 4 weeks
You will not receive a confirmation by e-mail or post about receipt of your application for recognition.
Application for validation
for beginning of studies or for the beginning of the Studienkolleg
- Winter Semester 2019/2020: 1st May 2019
- Spring Semester 2020: 1st November 2019
- Winter Semester 2020/2021: 1st Mai 2020
If you have already passed the Studienkolleg Final Exam ("Feststellungsprüfung"), telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule, DSH-2, DSH-3 or TestDaF 4,0, etc. you can apply anytime. In this case please write the word "Direktbewerber" on the envelope.
for Studienkolleg Admission Test, TASK and Studienkolleg Final Exam
- Spring Semester: Late January/Early February
- Winter Semester: Late June/Early July
- TASK: 8th July 2019
- Studienkolleg Admission Test: 9th July 2019
- Spring Semester: Mid-March to early July
- Winter Semester: Early October to late January
- Following foreign citizens should not apply to the Center for International Students
- EU citizens who want to study at the Universities of Applied Sciences in Pforzheim, Karlsruhe or Ravensburg-Weingarten apply directly to these universities.
- Foreign applicants for a Bachelor program apply directly to the desired University of Applied Sciences if they have one of the following qualifications:
- German school leaving certificate ("Abitur")
- German university degree
- German "Fachhochschulreife"
- Germans with foreign school leaving certificates
- German citizens with school leaving certificates from abroad who wish to study in a Bachelor program have to apply for validation at the "Department of Evaluation and Recognition for Certificates of Education from abroad" ("Regierungspräsidium Stuttgart"). Exception: If you have to attend the foundation year in Studienkolleg ("Feststellungsprüfung"), you can submit your application directly to us.
- German citizens with a university degree ("Bachelor's") from abroad can apply for a recognition to get an admission for a Master's program.