- Please send us your documents by post. You can not submit the application by e-mail or online.
- For your application of recognition, you will need an application form and the required documents. A checklist of the required documents can be found on page 2 of the application form.
- We recommend that the documents be translated by a professional translator.
- Please send us your application once you have all the required documents. However, the language certificate can be handed in later.
- All documents will remain at the Studienkolleg - Center for International Students and will not be returned. Therefore, do not send us any originals.
- Please send us just one set of your application documents, even if you want to apply to several Universities of Applied Scienes in Baden-Württemberg.
Welcome to the Center for International Students of the Universities of Applied Sciences in Baden-Württemberg
Step 1 - Recognition of certificates
Applicants to one of the Universities of Applied Sciences in Baden-Württemberg require a validation of the educational credentials by the Studienkolleg - Center for International Students. The recognition of the international qualifications is free of charge. The assessment of the certificates is based on the guidelines of the Central office for foreign education ("ZaB").
Once we have evaluated your certificates, we will inform you by post if you fulfill the entrance requirements for admission at the Universities of Applied Sciences. There are several possible outcomes: direct admission (Group 1), admission via the Studienkolleg (Group 2) or no admission.
- Application documents
- Official certification of photocopies
- Certified copies of the original documents are essential for your application. All copies must be certified by a German authority or German notary.
- Official certification of copies can be obtained in Germany from any notary or German authority (e.g. town hall, court, university).
- If you are abroad, certification can be obtained only at German embassies and consulates. Copies certified by Apostille are also accepted, if presented with the original Apostille.
- Certification is not recognized especially from churches, student unions, health insurances or translation agencies. We cannot accept photocopies of certificates and transcript without certification.
How do I recognize an official certification?
- A certified document always carries a seal and a signature.
- If more than one document is authentificated they are often kept together with a string and seal. The individual pages may also be folded over at one corner and stapled. There must be an official stamp on each page.
- Applicants eligible for direct admission to university (Group 1)
If you have a direct admission, you still need proof of the required German language skills.
- If we have a language certificate of at least DSH-2 or TestDaF 4.0, etc., you will receive a confirmation from us. You can apply directly to the desired University of Applied Sciences in Baden-Württemberg with our letter of recognition.
- If we do not have a language certificate from you, you will receive a conditional letter of recognition. To proceed, you can hand in your language certificate when you apply to Universities of Applied Sciences in Baden-Württemberg.
- Exception: Applicants for English study program do not need a German language certificate.
- Gaining admission through the Studienkolleg (Group 2)
- Preparation for the Studienkolleg Final Exam ("Feststellungsprüfung") takes two semesters. To be admitted to a Studienkolleg you need to pass the Studienkolleg Admission Test ("Aufnahmetest"). Studienkolleg preparation courses are not available in English.
- After passing the Studienkolleg Final Exam ("Feststellungsprüfung") you can apply at a University of Applied Sciences.
- For refugees
- Studying at our universities requires a recognized school leaving certificate from your home country and very good German language skills.
- Refugees who intend to study can send us their application for recognition as soon as possible.
- For applicants with certificates from Morocco, Indonesia and Nepal
- Marocco: The requirement for admission to Studienkolleg is a Baccalauréat with the overall rating of "très bien", "bien" oder "assez bien". An admission with the overall rating of "passable" is not possible.
- Indonesia: The requirement for admission to the Studienkolleg is a secondary school leaving certificate with at least 8.0 or 80% in the national examination.
- Nepal: The requirement for admission to the Studienkolleg is a secondary school leaving certificate with a passing grade in mathematics in grades 11 or 12 and an average grade of at least 60% of the maximum grade.