Welcome to the Center for International Students of the Universities of Applied Sciences in Baden-Württemberg

Information about university degree courses

Information on degree courses, postgraduate programs, master programs and much more.

  • Preparation course for a technical program (Bachelor)

    Furtwangen University offers a preparation course for technical study programs (Bachelor) in German at the Campus Villingen-Schwenningen. Further information is available on the flyer and the website of Furtwangen University:
    Flyer PrepTec
    Furtwangen University

  • Find your course

    For information on courses, course structures, exams, placements, practical training etc. please contact the Universities of Applied Sciences. Read the information carefully before you apply. Take a look at the curricula so you know what you're getting into!

    With our certificate of recognition you can apply to the following universities:
    Universities of Applied Sciences in Baden-Württemberg

    Further study opportunities in the state of Baden-Württemberg
    You will find an overview of Universities and Universities of Applied Sciences in Baden-Württemberg on the following websites:

    Study-Guide Baden-Württemberg

    Ministerium für Wissenschaft, Forschung und Kunst Baden-Württemberg (German)

    Further study opportunities in Germany
    You will find an overview of Aniversities of Applied Sciences in Germany at the following website:
    German Academic Exchange Service - DAAD

  • Graduate Studies and Master Studies

    Admission requirements to graduate studies at the Universities of Applied Sciences differ from one institution to the other. Applicants should contact the university of their choice for information.
    Universities of Applied Sciences in Baden-Württemberg

    General requirements for admission

    Some universities require certification of your credentials by the Studienkolleg. In such a case submit an appliction form along with your CV and certified copies of your documents. You will receive a confirmation from us which you have to include in your university application.

    A German language test is not required for university courses completely taught in English.

  • Industrial placements

    Most Universities of Applied Sciences require the completion of an industrial placement/work experience, before you can enroll in one of their natural science, engineering or technology courses. Placements or previous work experience are not usually required for business study courses. Please contact the university of your choice to find out if previous work experience is required. Duration and content of required placements may vary.

    No previous placements are required at the University of Applied Sciences Ravensburg-Weingarten and at the Stuttgart Media University in Stuttgart.

    • Visa and residence permit

      Prospective students from non-EU countries need a student visa (residence permit for the purpose of studying in Germany) to gain entry to the country. You can obtain a student visa from the German Embassy or Consulate in your home country if you:

      1. have received

      • our certificate of recognition ("Zeugnisanerkennung") or
      • our invitation letter for the next Studienkolleg Admission Test ("Aufnahmetest").

      2. can prove that you have adequate financial means, at least good basic skills in German and a health insurance policy. For further details please contact your German Embassy or Consulate.

      The application process is as follows: First you have to apply at the Studienkolleg - Center for international students for validation. Next, you can apply for a visa at the German Embassy or Consulate in your home country.

      Applicants with a tourist visa may participate in the Studienkolleg Admission Test but cannot enroll at the Studienkolleg - Center for international students.

      Prospective students have to register with the local registration office ("Einwohnermeldeamt") and the immigration office ("Ausländeramt") within 8 days after arriving in Germany.

      You will need at least 680 EUR for living expenses in Germany per month. It is not possible to earn all of this with student jobs.
      Further information

      • Costs and financing

        Cost of Living
        To live and study in Germany, you need at least 680 EUR per month. This sum includes the estimated cost of accommodation, food, transportation, leisure, study materials and health insurance.

        Tuition Fees
        Universities in Baden-Württemberg have introduced tuition fees of 1,500 EUR per semester for international students for all study programs. In addition to that, fees of 150 EUR have to be paid each semester.

        Health Insurance
        Admission to a university or Studienkolleg is only granted if proof of proper health insurance can be provided. The cost of private health insurance for international students is currently about 60 EUR a month.

        Scholarships and Financial Support
        No scholarships are offered by universities in Baden-Württemberg. Scholarships for studying in Germany are offered by the DAAD. Detailed information and application documents can be found on the DAAD website.
        Scholarships of the DAAD

        Information on scholarships can also be obtained from the German Embassies and Consulates. In Germany, scholarships are also funded by political parties, churches, unions and large corporations.

        Financial Support for Study Purposes ("BAföG")
        In accordance with the Federal Law on Financial Support for Study Purposes ("BAföG") international students are eligible for financial support under the following conditions only:

        1. Children of EU-citizens in possession of a residence permit.

        2. under special circumstances

        • stateless persons,
        • persons granted political asylum,
        • persons having one parent who is a German citizen.

        3. others if

        • foreigners having lived and worked in Germany for 5 years prior to commencement of studies,
        • prospective foreign students having at least one parent of whom lived and worked in Germany on a regular basis for at least 3 years in the 6 years before commencement of studies.

        Please contact your local BAföG office to find out if you are eligible for a BAföG scholarship. In Konstanz please contact the student union Seezeit.
        BAföG scholarship at the student union Seezeit

        • Living

          It's not always easy to find accommodation in Konstanz. We would therefore like to inform you about the options you have when searching. We do not rent any rooms ourselves, but work together with Seezeit-Studierendenwerk Bodensee and the Albertus-Magnus-Haus.



          In our flyer you will find all the important information about looking for an apartment in and around Konstanz:

          Flyer "Living in and around Konstanz"



          • Language courses

            A requirement for applying at a university in Germany is the proof of German language skills. Here is an (incomplete) list of institutions in Baden-Württemberg offering German language courses:

            * offers preparation courses for the Studienkolleg Admission Test