The coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, which originated in the Chinese city of Wuhan, is spreading. The HTWG Konstanz administration has adopted measures in order to minimize the spread of this new type of virus.
What to do if you are infected or have had contact with an infected person
Do NOT come to the HTWG Konstanz if you have been in contact with a person infected with Covid-19 or if you have tested positive and must stay in quarantine!
Students: Please inform the head of your department and contact Felix Schultze, Advisor to the HTWG Konstanz Presidium, or Tobias Brendgens, Head of Building Management about possible additional prevention measures.
Personell: Please inform human resources and contact Felix Schultze, Advisor to the HTWG Konstanz Presidium, or Tobias Brendgens, Head of Building Management about possible additional prevention measures.
For Faculty: Please inform the head of your department and contact Felix Schultze, Advisor to the HTWG Konstanz Presidium, or Tobias Brendgens, Head of Building Management, about possible additional prevention measures.
For more information about what you should do in case of infection, where you can get a corona test in the Konstanz region and other essential information, please go to the following link: Landratsamt Konstanz coronavirus information website
All measures have been taken in order to help slow or prevent the spread of the coronavirus. Please keep this essential goal in mind with regard to all your personal activities! Avoid any unnecessary contacts and act in a responsible manner!
Please adhere to the following when on campus:
- Maintain at least 1.5 m distance from others - even when outside.
- Wear a mask covering your mouth and nose in classrooms - but also in corridors, stairwells, elevators, and sanitary facilities. Masks are mandatory in closed rooms where more than 5 individuals are gathered, such as meetings (please see detailed regulations under point 1.2 in the hygiene concept plan). Masks are also required outside of buildings if the 1.5m distance cannot be maintained.
- Wash your hands regularly. In case this isn’t possible, use disinfectant for your hands.
- Document all participants in your courses / gatherings conscientiously according to the coronavirus regulations and cooperate with documentation requirements. This includes students as well as instructors and university staff. Please fill out the appropriate forms legibly! Place the sealed, labelled envelopes in the collection box on the same day in order to be able to quickly track people in case of an infection.
- When sneezing or coughing: Keep your distance from others; or turn away and cough/sneeze into your elbow area; or hold a tissue in front of your mouth and nose, then immediately dispose of the tissue:
Winter semester 20/21
Classes in Winter Semester 2020-21
The HTWG Konstanz Senate announced the type of courses that will take place in the coming winter semester 2020/21 in its meeting on July 14th:
1. There will be a combination of in-person, hybrid and online courses, taking the applicable coronavirus regulations into account.
2. All courses will be set up in a way that students can complete such courses via self-study if necessary.
3. In terms of in-person courses, the following will have priority:
• First and second semester courses in the bachelor’s programs
• Courses which normally take place in labs, workshops or in small groups on campus
• First and second semester mandatory courses in the master’s programs
The HTWG Konstanz - University of Applied Sciences is an “in-person university”, and wants to provide all students with the opportunity to network, form learning groups and take advantage of the benefits of studying at such a university. At the same time, due to the social distancing and hygiene measures, there are less rooms and personal resources available. It was therefore necessary to prioritize certain types of classes. The courses were selected that best allowed students to continue pursuing their degrees.
All university personnel, particularly the responsible committees and organizational staff, have been working together to arrange the teaching plan for the winter semester 2020-21, as far as the current technical, economic and organizational constraints allowed them to. The actual specific form of classes will be determined by the individual departments, based on the guidelines decided by the HTWG Konstanz senate, the current coronavirus regulations, and the university’s hygiene concept.
General information about the new type of coronavirus, SARS-CoV-2
The following is a list of official websites that provide information on necessary precautions and travel advice. These sites are continuously updated.
Ministry of Social Affairs and Integration Baden-Württemberg - Information on the coronavirus in Baden-Württemberg: estimate of the current situation in our state, instructions for those returning from trips, measures to protect against infection (IN GERMAN)