Department of Civil Engineering
The Civil Engineering Department offers a solid and practical education in civil and environmental engineering as well as engineering and management. Our graduates work for companies and design offices, in the construction and real estate industries, in environmental engineering as well as the public sector.
Civil Engineering Department in Brief
- 3 bachelor’s programs
- 3 master’s programs - the master’s program "Civil Engineering and Management" is organisationally anchored in the Mechanical Engineering Department. "International Project Engineering” is offered in cooperation with the Electrical Engineering Department
- 20,5 Professors
- qualified adjunct faculty instructors from industry
- 580 Students
- well-equipped, modern labs
- public testing laboratory
- Lake Constance 5D-Conference
- an active student body as well as …
- our own football team
The Civil Engineering Department currently offers three bachelor’s and three master’s programs. Two of the master’s programs are offered in conjunction with other departments.
- Civil Engineering (BIB)
- Environmental Engineering and Resource Management (URB)
- Civil Engineering and Management (WIB)
- Civil Engineering and Environmental Engineering (MBU)
- Engineering and Management, specialization in Civil Engineering (MWI)
- International Project Engineering (IPE)
Contacting the Civil Engineering Department (BI)
Contact the Dean’s Office
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Heiko Denk
Dean; Areas of Expertise: Structural Concrete and Computing in Engineering
Room C 010
+49 7531 206-205
Office hours in room C 010 until September 30, 2019.
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Andreas Großmann
Vice Dean; Areas of Expertise: Transportation, Spatial Planning
Room C 001
+49 7531 206-215
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Joachim Dach
Vice Dean; Areas of Expertise: Waste Technology, Emission Control, Landfill Construction, Asset Management, Feasibility Analysis
Room U 004
+49 7531 206-522
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Hans-Peter Schelkle
Studiendekan; Fachgebiete: Immobilienwirtschaft, Immobilienmanagement
Room C 006
+49 7531 206-164
Alumni Group - Civil Engineering
The alumni network is organized in a XING-group and is intended to foster contact between the Civil Engineering Department and our graduates as well as between the graduates themselves.
This group is open to all current or former Civil Engineering students as well as for current and former professors, adjunct faculty and department staff.
Here you can network with other alumni members and read or share articles or news. In addition, we will also keep you informed about new developments and events in the Civil Engineering Department at the HTWG Konstanz.
To join the group, just click on the following link:
To sign up for a free XING account, click on the link below:
Then, simply register and join the group. We look forward to welcoming you in our alumni group.
The Civil Engineering Department Football Team
In May, 2015 students in the Civil Engineering Department started the football club known as “1. FC Compacted.” Over the past two years, the team has developed a reputation in the local University League Konstanz. The team is always on the lookout for fresh talent, so get in touch if you want to join us.
The team is supported by the construction company, FREYLER Industriebau GmbH.
Practices and times are open