Degree-seeking students (Bachelor's or Master's degree)

  • Application and Acceptance

    Foreign Applicants who would like to pursue a degree at the HTWG Konstanz - University of Applied Sciences should contact the Studienkolleg Konstanz directly. They will be able to determine if the certificates you completed abroad are comparable to entrance qualifications required to study at a German college or university. This comparison is done using the set of guidelines determined by the German Central Office for Foreign Education (ZAB). The Studienkolleg does NOT admit any students. After successfully completing the assessment, prospective students receive the entrance qualifications needed to apply to the HTWG Konstanz - University of Applied Sciences. Prospective students also need to pass the German language test (DSH) or the assessment test which regularly takes place in Konstanz.

    Foreign students with German university entrance qualifications can apply DIRECTLY for a degree program (Bachelor’s or Master’s). Students however can only enroll after completing the German language exam “Deutsche Sprachprüfung for the Hochschulzugang” (DSH) which is regularly offered in different cities.

    Contact point for matriculated foreign students is the Intercultural Center at the HTWG Konstanz - University of Applied Sciences. They will support you in all aspects of your studies at the HTWG Konstanz.

    For additional information on studying in Germany please refer to the website of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and the Ministry for Science, Research and Art.

  • Tuition for international students

    Starting in the winter semester 2017/2018, international students in Baden-Württemberg are required to pay a tuition of 1,500 Euro per semester. Students from the European Union, the European Economic Area (EEA) as well as from HTWG Konstanz partner colleges and dual degree programs are exempted. Students who completed their high school degrees (Abitur) in Germany but do not have German citizenship (all nationalities) are also exempted. Refugees don't have to pay tuition fees either.

    You can find more information (in German) about tuition for foreign students at the websites of the Ministry for Science, Research and Art Baden-Württemberg and the Student Advising Center at the HTWG Konstanz.

  • Services for international students

    Information about services and programs for international students pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree can be found at the Intercultural Center website.

    International exchange students can find detailed information about traveling to Konstanz, course offerings, administrative issues, etc. at our English website.

    Does your German need a bit of work?

    You can find an overview of the possibilities to improve your German and Academic German skills by clicking on theLanguage Skills (Sprachkenntnisse) link at the website of Intercultural Center.

    If you were forced to flee from your home country, you can apply for a special language course for refugees. All information can be found in the rubric Information for Refugees.

  • Any questions left?

    For any other special requests, please contact the following offices:


    • International Office and the respective contact persons (for questions about studying abroad during your studies at the HTWG Konstanz).

    We would be happy to assist you!