Welcome to the Center for International Students of the Universities of Applied Sciences in Baden-Württemberg
Applicants seeking direct admission to auniversity of applied sciences studies must have C1 German language proficiency. The following German language examinations can be used as proof of proficiency:
- Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang (DSH) is a German language examination that can be taken directly at selected universities. The DSH is unfortunately not offered at the Konstanz University of Applied Sciences. Here you can find further details
- TestDaF is another German exam that is accepted as proof of your language proficiency for your application. This exam is offered at many sites in Germany. Here you can find further details
The following exams and background exempt you from having to take the DSH or TestDaF:
- Language Diploma of the Conference of Ministers of Education and Cultural Affairs Level II.
- The "Kleines Deutsches Sprachdiplom", awarded by the Goethe- Institut on behalf of the University of Munich
- Zentrale Oberstufenprüfung of the Goethe- Institut (ZOP)
- C2 Certificate of the Goethe- Institut
- Feststellungsprüfung Deutsch from a German Studienkolleg (preparatory college)
- School leaving certificate from a German school abroad with predominantly German- language instruction
- Attending a school through the 9th grade where all subjects are taught in German
- telc German C1 University
- ÖSD C2
If you plan to attend a university degree program that is taufht entirely in English, please enquire at that university whether you need to provide proof of your German proficiency. In this case, you are not required to submit proof of German language proficiency to the Studienkolleg to get your certificates recognized.